Let’s play with all cards on the table. Yes, I do try to stay fit and meet my daily step and fitness goals, but at the core, I am lazy. If I do not pro-actively stock healthy convenience snacks, I will grab something unhealthy simply because it is easier than preparing something.
Since I am a pescatarian, and only eat fish about twice a week, I prefer to keep high-protein snacks readily available.
Some of my favorite high-protein snacks are:
- Greek Yogurt – I love to add fresh fruit or herbs (Such as this Cilantro Lime Parfait) and a sprinkling of monk fruit to Greek Yogurt.
- Cheese and nut trays – small, prepared snack trays with fruit, nuts, and a little cheese.
- Nut butter with whole grain crackers.
- Hot soymilk with chai tea.
- Protein Bars
Best Bar Ever Real Food Bars
Protein and nutrition bars are a staple in our house. My husband eats them when he’s craving sweets, but I worry about the sugar content and ingredients in many of them. Most of them have such a chalky texture; I find them unpalatable. However, this week, I tried a nutrition bar made with such real ingredients that it requires refrigeration! In fact, these bars are so fresh that you won’t find them on the grocery store shelves. They are made to order. You order them online. They make them and ship them to you.
Each of the Best Bar Ever flavors contains between 15 and 16 grams of protein. They do not have artificial sweeteners, flavors, or added preservatives. They also do not contain soy, and some varieties are gluten free. Additionally, the bars have 15% of your iron and 10-15% calcium RDA.
Of course, all that nutrition is fine and dandy, but if it tastes like a piece of stale chalk, you aren’t going to eat it. These have a texture like a fudge brownie. It’s moist!
They are also sweet, but not cloying. Also, unlike many “nutrition” bars, they do not have a chemical taste. You can taste (and see) the real ingredients. In this photo of the chocolate coconut bar, you can see the nuts and the coconut.
Clearly, they don’t manufacture these tastes in a lab. You can see the real, honest-to-goodness flavors.
Best Ever Bar Flavor Variety
I also love the flavor variety. They come in some fun flavors:
- Chocolate Coconut
- Cookie Dough (I’m hiding this one in the broccoli drawer, so no one else claims it.)
- Cinnamon Bun
- Chocolate Peanut Butter (I’m reluctantly saving this bar for my peanut-butter loving husband because I’m a nice person).
- Apple Pie (I have to hide this one, too, or my son will confiscate it when he visits.)
If I get lucky, maybe in the future, they will add a bar with blueberries, strawberries, or pineapples. Ooh! Mangoes! Reign it in, Alicia. LOL
Special Deal just for my readers
Everyone that orders a box of them also receives a $20 discount code good at a variety of health related stores. However, the first ten people to order from my link receive an EXTRA $20 discount card. This link isn’t an affiliate link. I don’t make any money off the sale at all. I just really like the bars and the seller offered to do something just for my readers. To get the extra code, order from my link and post a picture of your box to my Facebook page.
That’s a terrific deal! Check it out!
Sponsored post, but all opinions are my own.
We enjoy hosting parties and my husband and I are both avid gamers. You can find me on PS4 as SunshineFlaGirl. We also play tabletop RPGs and eurogames.
Latest posts by Alicia Taylor (see all)
- The best professional cosmetic travel case! - September 13, 2017
- Giveaway update and Irma - September 10, 2017
- Tuna Casserole Make-Over: A lighter take on a classic recipe - August 18, 2017
- Blueberry Jam and Country Childhood Memories - August 11, 2017
- How To Paint Positivity Rocks that encourage people - August 7, 2017