Every couple needs some time just to be a couple. I believe it’s an unhealthy trend to include children on every date and outing. Couples need time to know each other outside of their shared parenting partnership. Isn’t it stupendously awesome that Valentine’s day encourages couples to set aside a romantic date night, just for the two of you?
Take it as a hint from the powers that be who planned this lover’s holiday. Plan some time to spend a day together as a couple! To that end, I’ve compiled a list of several healthy recipes for two. It’s hard to feel romantic after a heavy, calorie-laden meal, so I’ve tried to find some special meals that won’t leave you too stuffed to enjoy each other’s company.
Don’t stop at a healthy meal, however. Plan a healthy Valentine’s day with some of the active date ideas in this article. Get the blood flowing instead of pooling 🙂
I highly recommend my Tilapia En Papillote with Ginger glazed carrots. The recipe easily scales to two people. I make it for my husband and myself frequently.
Healthy Valentine’s Day Breakfast Ideas for Two
- Beet Blueberry Ginger Smoothie Bowl – Vegan – a sumptuous meal perfectly colored for the romantic holiday.
- Vegan French Toast with Caramelised Bananas and Berries – Vegan
- Peanut Butter Cup Breakfast Pizza – Vegan
Healthy Valentine’s Day Dinner Ideas for Two – Main dish
- Za’atar Roasted chickpea naan pizza – Vegetarian
- Garden Veggie Pasta With Basil And Ginger – Vegan
- Vegan Ravioli With Carnival Squash – Vegan
- Cranberry Honey Glazed Salmon – Pescatarian – Another dish with a beautiful presentation for Valentine’s day. Easily scalable to 2 servings.
- Sea Scallops with a Jalapeño and Grapefruit Marinade – Pescatarian – Spice up your romantic evening!
- Squid Ink Spaghetti With Shrimp – Pescatarian – An unusual dish will make sure the night is not quickly forgotten. PS – I’ve seen this pasta at Target.
- Pan Seared Scallops, Lemony Quinoa, & Fruit Salsa For Two – Pescatarian
- Sicilian Swordfish – Pescatarian
- Coconut Lime Shrimp Tacos – Pescatarian
Healthy Valentine’s Day Dinner Ideas for Two – Soups and Salads
- Winter Sweet Citrus Salad with Pomegranate & Pistachios – Vegan – The colors in this bright salad complement the holiday well!
- Preserved Lemon and Chickpea Arugula Salad
- Avocado and Almond Salad – Vegan
- Arugula Spinach and Fennel Salad – Vegetarian
- Egg Farfalle and Arugula Soup for Two – Use Vegetable stock to make this vegetarian.
Healthy Valentine’s Day Dessert Ideas for Two
- Pineapple Sandesh with orange zest and saffron – Nothing says love like rose petals! Blow your sweetheart away with this stunning Valentine’s Day dessert.
- Chocolate Chia Pudding with Pomegranate – an easy to make, healthy dessert recipe. Gluten-free and vegan. Serve in wine glasses with spoons! The vibrant red color makes a beautiful holiday representation.
- Chocolate Fruit Crisp for Two – No added sugar, all natural vegan, and paleo. Looks like a sweetly, satisfying dessert
We enjoy hosting parties and my husband and I are both avid gamers. You can find me on PS4 as SunshineFlaGirl. We also play tabletop RPGs and eurogames.