Garlic. I love this poor, misunderstood onion’s cousin. So often, it’s banished to the chopping block as a garnish or lackluster flavor enhancer. However, with garlic’s renowned health benefits, I enjoy giving roasted garlic a starring role on the dinner table. Served with some crusty bread, it makes a great pre-dinner appetizer or alone as a great snack.
Really? Roasted Garlic?
My husband introduced me to this delicacy several years ago. I admit. I held my skepticism like a cat holds prey. Raw garlic has a hot bite that can nearly clear the sinuses. It’s harsh. He was right. Roasted garlic isn’t that. Roasted garlic has a sweet, aromatic flavor that elevates it from the mundane to memorable. Interestingly enough, it’s also surprisingly easy to make.
It’s simply a matter of slicing the garlic, seasoning it, and baking it! I made a huge plate of this roasted garlic recipe for our last party and it was the first thing to disappear! I find that it’s easiest to make this in a muffin tin, but that’s completely optional. If you don’t have one, a regular baking pan works perfectly.
Also, when you cut the tips off the garlic, be sure to throw them into a small loaf pan, season them, and bake right alongside the garlic. They roast up a bit more crispy.
We enjoy hosting parties and my husband and I are both avid gamers. You can find me on PS4 as SunshineFlaGirl. We also play tabletop RPGs and eurogames.
Latest posts by Alicia Taylor (see all)
- Vegetarian Restaurant Options in Nashville, TN - February 20, 2018
- Helping Shelter Cats with the Litter for Good Program – and a Giveaway! - February 13, 2018
- Can people with disabilities save money without losing benefits? - February 6, 2018
- What is Manuka Honey? DIY Manuka Honey Rosewater Face Mask - February 5, 2018
- Instant Pot Marathi Rassa – Indian Mixed Vegetables with Coconut Recipe - January 29, 2018