Disclaimer: Paris in the Eyes of a Traveler from Dubai is a sponsored guest post.
As a Dubai resident, I am used to shopping at some of the biggest shopping malls in the world, watching one of the best skylines, mingling with a wide diversity of people from different cultures and trying some of the most authentic cuisines from all around the world. It may seem to you that impressing someone from Dubai is a tough ask. But Paris is different. Paris is in a league of its own. There are many things in Paris which are sure to attract the people from not just Dubai, but from all around the world. I have tried listing some of the most amazing things I have visited on my last trip to Paris.
Legendary Monuments in Paris
- Eiffel Tower: Arguably the biggest attraction of Paris is the Eiffel Tower itself. No matter how many times you have seen this iconic structure on the movies, seeing it up close and personally is sure to blow your mind away. This 300-meter tall structure has an exhibition center, souvenir shops and even a fancy restaurant on the top. Who wouldn’t want to dine on top of the world with a breathtaking view of the city?
- Sacre-Coeur: From the iconic Eiffel Tower we move to one of the most visited Roman Catholic Church among tourist in Paris in the form of the great Sacre Coeur. This spectacular church was built way back in the year 1875, and it took seven different architects to build this. It contains the grand pipe organ which remains one of the biggest attractions of this church. In fact, this particular pipe organ is the most heard pipe organ in the world.
- Notre Dame de Paris: Everyone has heard about the infamous Notre Dame de Paris but to witness it live has to be one of the most spectacular sights in the world. Built in the 12th century, the Notre Dame now proudly stands in Central Paris. The most amazing part of this structure is its gothic architecture. The iconic cathedral has got impressive towers and contains spire and stained glasses. If you can climb up 422 steps, then you shall be rewarded with a fantastic panoramic view of the entire city. It’s well worth the climb.
- Champs-Elysees: If you are not interested in visiting ancient historical sites and want something more at present then Champs Elysees is the perfect place to be. This particular area is where all the celebrations of Paris take place including New Year’s Eve, Christmas, National historic events and even military parades. If you are in Paris during one of those events, then it’s a must to be present at the Champs Elysees at that time. If there are no celebrations going on, then you can always take a leisurely stroll there with a countless number of shops located on both sides of the road. It will truly make you feel alive seeing so many people and everyone in the cheerful mood.
- Jardin de Luxembourg: Are you traveling with your family and kids? Then you must take them out to Jardin de Luxembourg which is the ultimate family gathering place for both tourists and locals alike. The children can experience puppet shows, get on merry go rounds or even ride ponies. There are multiple chairs scattered all over the place, and you can just take a few chairs and enjoy the beautiful orange garden around you while you soak in the sun. There is an octagonal pond nearby called the Grand Bassin where people drive remote-controlled boats. That is something you don’t see every day!
Food you Must Try:
Every time people visit a new city or a new country they are mostly worried about the food available there. For some, they look for kosher food; others search for halal restaurants while some may prefer the vegan items and so on. For people traveling from Dubai to Paris, they do not have to worry. Paris has a number of halal restaurants that serve some of the most delicious items one can think of.
Les Enfans Terribles: When visiting Paris all the way from Dubai, you would be forgiven for wanting to try authentic French cuisine. But if you have concerns about the food being halal then visit Les Enfans Terribles. This particular restaurant in Paris will serve you Halal French cuisine and will leave you wanting more. This is one of the top restaurants in the city for all Muslim people.
Tilal: Looking for a quick bite before heading to one of Paris’ wonders? Head over to Tilal, an authentic Lebanese restaurant that is situated in Chatelet Les Halles which happens to be a shopping haven. So this makes Tilal the perfect place to have a quick bite or two after you are drained out from all the shopping.
Restaurant Sahil: If you don’t want French or Middle Eastern food then why not try out some South Asian dishes? Restaurant Sahil is located in Gare de Est where there are numerous Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi restaurants are located. While they do provide great authentic South Asian dishes, they also come very cheaply. With only 6 Euros, you can have a fulfilling meal.
Le Baili: We often don’t want to eat out at fancy restaurants and want to just have burgers and fries. If that’s your mood while in Paris, then head over to the Mexican Tex-Mex burger joint Le Baili. The burgers are sure to enrich your taste bud, and the quantity will make sure you leave with a full stuffed stomach.
Paris is a wonderful city on its own rights. It has some of the most amazing historical places, iconic structures that one can enjoy while at the same time there are numerous shopping malls, open areas, family friend spaces to enjoy as well. Paris is well known for being the city of arts and culture and anyone from Dubai will fall in love with the Louvre or the Musee d Orsay, which are both world famous museums. And when you are done exploring and visiting all these great places, you can easily sit back and enjoy some delicious food that can be found all over Paris.
Where to get more information:
I was lucky enough to find a really great Dubai to Paris flight deal from HolidayMe.com. They also have a great range of hotels and packages to choose from if you are interested.
I used Paris, the Official website of the Convention and Visitors Bureau for a great deal of my research.
For accommodations, I mostly used Airbnb.com.
We enjoy hosting parties and my husband and I are both avid gamers. You can find me on PS4 as SunshineFlaGirl. We also play tabletop RPGs and eurogames.
Latest posts by Alicia Taylor (see all)
- Grilled Watermelon with Feta and Mint Recipe - April 19, 2018
- North African-Style Grilled Salmon Recipe – Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling - April 4, 2018
- Full Body Stability Ball Workout in under 15 minutes - March 19, 2018
- How to find a lost pet. - March 12, 2018
- Shop Her Closet for International Women’s Day with ThredUp - March 6, 2018