What is Puccini Zucchini?
Puccini, a late nineteenth-century Italian composer, known for operas like Madame Butterfly, was also famous for his irreverent love for life and food.
Honestly, I’m not sure if Puccini Zucchini stemmed from the famous composer, but the name fits. Since this meal is an orchestrated medley with notes across the flavor spectrum, it would make the musician proud: mild, slightly spicy, a hint of acidic, and a dash of alkaline.
No-Cook Puccini Zucchini highlights nutritious harvest ingredients, including fresh zucchini, basil, and tomatoes. If you don’t own a spiralizer, use a hand-held vegetable peeler to peel the zucchini into strips. Or check out my recommendations below.
I borrowed this recipe from Five Seasons in The Kitchen: Zen-Inspired Vegan Cooking by Dr. Avital Sebbag. She is a certified natural therapist specializing in nutrition and ancient Chinese medicine.
1. Striking Kani and beautiful full-color photographs accompany each mouth-watering recipe. I love flipping through the digital pages and salivating over the gorgeous images.
2. The book begins with an eloquent introduction explaining Zen food philosophies and a basic presentation of its history.
4. Many recipes have a “Good to Know” block at the end containing knowledge tidbits, food trivia, and other helpful information.
5. The author includes a touching salutation to friends she lost in her life journey. She also peppers the book with other personal anecdotes about relationships she formed along the way.
6. She also includes a unique perspective on eating seasonally that leads the reader down a spiritual, as well as a culinary, path.
Because the book is as much a work of art as the recipes inside, I wish I purchased in hard book format rather than digital format. Five Seasons in The Kitchen that indulges the senses, and I am happy that I added it to my recipe book collection.
How do you use a spiralizer?
While you can also simply use a vegetable peeler to cut the zucchini into ribbons, a spiralizer is much easier to use. If you are still looking for a spiralizer, I recommend the Wonderesque spiralizer. Check out how easy it is to use!
We enjoy hosting parties and my husband and I are both avid gamers. You can find me on PS4 as SunshineFlaGirl. We also play tabletop RPGs and eurogames.
Latest posts by Alicia Taylor (see all)
- Salt and Pepper Shrimp with Spinach Noodles Recipe - June 11, 2022
- Downton Abbey with Grandma – Gougères Recipe - February 10, 2022
- Pasteli Honey Sesame Bars Recipe - January 29, 2022
- Are Amazon Reviews Trustworthy? How to spot influenced reviews - December 29, 2019
- Coconut Curry Lentil Chickpea Bowls with Kale Instant Pot Recipe - September 30, 2019