26 92 53
Last night, we enjoyed this delicious sweet potato hash for dinner. I slightly modified it from a CookSmarts recipe. I added chili peppers and omitted the sauteing oil. Feel free to skip the chili peppers or adjust them to taste. I like things a little spicy. I also added cilantro for serving.
Thanks to using a microwave to speed cooking times, this simple vegetarian dish came together in a snap. While it was cooking, it filled my home with beautiful, aromatic fragrances. It’s visually appealing and tasty on the palate.
My Family Loves Sweet Potato Hash
My husband devoured it. Afterward, I saved leftovers for my bachelor sons, who raved about the smells in the kitchen. Speaking of leftovers, if you have extra, sweet potato hash freezes well. Just omit the fried egg. Just remember to cook one to top your dish while you microwave it later.
Since this recipe uses basic, easy to find ingredients and is relatively budget friendly. First, you only saute together some onions, bell peppers, and sweet potatoes. Then, top individual plates with avocado, egg, and green onion tops. Voila! A healthy, satisfying meal is ready to eat.
It’s full of vitamin A, fiber, and protein. It’s also relatively low in calories, so it won’t blow your calorie budget. So, it definitely fits the bill for what constitutes healthy eating. It makes a great dinner or a delicious brunch.
We enjoy hosting parties and my husband and I are both avid gamers. You can find me on PS4 as SunshineFlaGirl. We also play tabletop RPGs and eurogames.
Latest posts by Alicia Taylor (see all)
- Vegetarian Restaurant Options in Nashville, TN - February 20, 2018
- Helping Shelter Cats with the Litter for Good Program – and a Giveaway! - February 13, 2018
- Can people with disabilities save money without losing benefits? - February 6, 2018
- What is Manuka Honey? DIY Manuka Honey Rosewater Face Mask - February 5, 2018
- Instant Pot Marathi Rassa – Indian Mixed Vegetables with Coconut Recipe - January 29, 2018
26 92 53