68 3 361 16
During a conversation last week, my mom inspired me to try zucchini pasta. While I love this wonderfully delicious veggie, I was skeptical about replacing one of my favorite staples with a vegetable sliced into ribbons. Besides, David doesn’t like zucchini. However, when she said my meat-and-potato loving dad ate his whole plate, I figured I would give it a try.
What? Zucchini Pasta?
What exactly is it? Well, spiralizing veggies is the latest trend to do a healthy take on carb-loaded pasta. Basically, you sliced vegetables like zucchini, carrots, or other long veggies, into ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
ALICIA’S NOTE: After using a vegetable peeler on this, I invested in a spiralizer designed for this. Having made several spiralized recipes since, I believe it was worth every penny – and even got one for my mom.
While this recipe is vegan (as long as you leave off the Parmesan), feel free to use your own favorite meat sauce if vegetarian fare just isn’t your thing, but you don’t know what you’ll be missing.
My favorite thing about this recipe? I didn’t miss the pasta and I’m a carb-o-holic. The hearty sauce blends well with the delicate squash texture and a pinch of red pepper adds just the right amount of zest. I also place the red pepper flakes and Parmesan on the table so people can add more to their liking. Round out the meal with a light salad or some garlic bread.
We enjoy hosting parties and my husband and I are both avid gamers. You can find me on PS4 as SunshineFlaGirl. We also play tabletop RPGs and eurogames.
Latest posts by Alicia Taylor (see all)
- Helping Shelter Cats with the Litter for Good Program – and a Giveaway! - February 13, 2018
- Can people with disabilities save money without losing benefits? - February 6, 2018
- What is Manuka Honey? DIY Manuka Honey Rosewater Face Mask - February 5, 2018
- Instant Pot Marathi Rassa – Indian Mixed Vegetables with Coconut Recipe - January 29, 2018
- Is being grateful good for your health? - January 22, 2018
68 3 361 16